We create our futures and the situations around us. If something happens, you can usually back up and find out what caused that.
After being a Registered Dietitian for 8 years, Alissa Daire Nelson decided to pursue her nursing degree. But after becoming an RN, she drastically shifted course. Now, a Certified Strengths Strategy Coach, Alissa helps entrepreneurs and small business owners catapult their businesses to the next level without sacrificing their sanity, integrity, or personal lives. She’s an accomplished Success Coach, Speaker, host of the Maximize Your Strengths podcast, as well as published Author of a hot new book. She’s also able to focus on what’s most important in life – being a proud wife and mother of two, who loves helping others discover how to make their businesses and relationships thrive in harmony!
Key Insights & Aha Moments
* Believe it or not, fear was the primary motivator on Alissa Daire Nelson starting her business
* Everything doesn’t happen for a reason, but good can come out of the bad. Something positive can come from any negative situation.
* Alissa is always searching for connection and externally processes the things that happen around her.
* During her time in health care, she wasn’t great at self-care. Between kids, learning how to be a single-mom and life, it was overwhelming.
* Emotional health, though, was always at the forefront and she sought out counseling.
* Counseling or coaching doesn’t mean you’re weak. It means you have a handle on the importance of working through things in life with support.
* Her first entrepreneurial journey failed because she didn’t have the items she needed to succeed. She lacked confidence in herself, but she didn’t give up!
* Started working on educating herself on how to be a business owner through books, conferences, webinars, etc.
* Than she hired coaches and joined coaching programs, went through the steps and knew the entrepreneurial road was her calling
* She won’t take on clients for long-term because she doesn’t want it to be such a comfortable relationship that they’re just getting together for coffee.
* There needs to be a constant push for growth.
* It’s not a bad thing to have multiple coaches to help you work through different things in your business
* She works with her clients a lot on strengths and doesn’t work within any specific industry
* Doing her own strength finder was so impactful and life-changing for her, so that is what really changed her course when she was building her coaching practice
* Coaching is all about dragging their best self out of them
* Her new book is a little bit of self-development and a little bit of productivity blended to keep growing!
* The book is intended to be reread to keep growing in 3-month periods!
Well, I took a strengths test with Alissa and it looks like I’m working in my A+ zone and my zone of genius! Hurray! Since we’re on this topic, I want to reinforce the importance of knowing, owning and leveraging your strengths for success in your business! I don’t believe in cookie-cutter, which is why I don’t sell courses. I have an individualized coaching program. Not every course will work for everyone and nothing is cookie-cutter in business. Get to know yourself, outsource when you can and know your limitations!