Making the Maven Episode 106:
Do you feel like you’re just pushing tedious sand? Here’s how you can fix that.
This week’s episode just has yours truly, Michelle McGlade, talking one-on-one with you! Do you feel like you’re just pushing sand in your business right now? How do you go from sand to moving full-on boulders? Well, today, I dive in and discuss some of the ways you can get out of the ‘hustle’ and be more strategic in your business, so you can get the results you so, so desperately want.
Key Insights & Aha Moments
- This week’s episode consists of just yours truly, Michelle McGlade!
- As we reach into the fourth quarter, do you feel like you’re just pushing sand around and you’re not getting much progress done on your business?
- How do you move those big boulders forward?
- I worked with a lovely woman named Alicia at the start of the year. When she arrived at my doorstep, she was overwhelmed and doing ‘all the things.’
- She was feeling defeated, her confidence was low, and she was feeling scared because she wasn’t getting the results she wanted.
- What was her goal with her business? This is what we had to first get clear on before moving forward.
- After she finished working with me, she was ecstatic. She learned a new skillset on how she could go from idea to production to making money.
- Focus on only one or two things instead of ‘all the things.’
- So, how do you flip the switch?
- Let me give you a couple of tips on how to begin a process like this.
- Look at the numbers first. You’re making decisions from the heart, but not the numbers.
- Where are things today and where do you need to go to next?
- Next step: Set a goal! Once you have a goal, you can create an effective plan.
- When you have the plan, then you can begin outsourcing it to a team member! Also, be sure to add it to your calendar, so you know what needs to be done and when.
- I do a quick recap towards the end, just in case you need a quick reminder of what to do next.
- Okay! Now it’s time for listener questions. I answer a Question from Melissa who is trying to put all of her financial information into QuickBooks, going all the way back to January.